Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today's Challenge

Well today I have a  differnt kind of challenge. My granddaughter is on spring break and she came over to spend my day off with me. She got here and her request is for granny to make her a sock monkey. You know the old fashion kind. So on with the challenge to  first find the socks. You have to know I have never made one of these. I have made lots of things but never a sock monkey. So on the computer we went to try and find these socks locally. Well lots of places carry them on line but finding them locally was a whole other subject. Finnally we went down town Knoxville to General mast store. Kind of a newer old store. There we found them only 10.99 for two pair.
Now to get started. You can find the directions here. The directions are also on the back of the sock card. We got "red Heel" by Fox River. Well Now on to the sewing and putting together.
                                                    
Don't forget this is the first time I ever made one of these. Not really too hard a lot of hand sewing. But about 1 1/2 hours later we were done, with the first one. She wants a girl and boy. Says everyone needs a friend. I say one is enough. So first one done is a girl I added a peace bow to her ear. Peace signs and monkeys are the thing this week. LOL
                                                        
Well that is all for today. I plan on spending my day off tomorrow making some much needed cards and entering some card challenges so be sure and stop back by to see what is next to come. Have a great day and happy crafting.

No comments: